The 1% U’Wine search is never over… Quentin Chaperon, Sourcing Director, was in Italy during one week in Piedmont region to meet new domains. Here is his travel diary!
- New meeting: Elio Altare. He was one of the region pioneer. He died in 2001 and his daughter took the head of the estate, I met her today. We have a great conversation and I tasted different wines. We need to have them for U’Wine!
- Dinner at Rivetto, always so nice!
- Lunch at Cavallotto, we are already working with them for 1 year. I had the opportunity to taste again the wines and it just confirmed our choice!
- Dinner with Mr. Luca Roagna from Roagna domain: amazing wines…
- This morning I have a meeting with Domenico Clerico, already member of 1% U’Wine since my last trip. It is really good! We have tasted 2016 Barolo, wonderful!
- New meeting with La Spinetta: a very long and beautiful tasting, great wines to add in our selection soon…
- Next one is Bruno Rocca, a jewel that produces wines with great finesse and that represents for me the perfect definition of “Rising Star”!
- Last but not least we had lunch with Pio Cesare, already in U’Wine selection. His wines are absolutely amazing and full of surprises! A very good moment and a lunch that reinforce our partrnership with them.
To be continued…