Château de La Maltroye
A true jewel of the Côte-de-Beaune located in Chassagne-Montrachet and Santenay, the Château de La Maltroye dates from the Gallo-Roman era. Imposing building dating from the 18thcentury, the Château de la Maltroye has the distinction of having its roof covered with glazed tiles.
Property of the Cournut family since 1940, it is Jean-Pierre Cournut, the current owner, who gave all his letters of nobility to the Domain. Former aeronautical engineer, he quickly understood that such a wine heritage required special attention to offer wine lovers an extremely precise and refined reading of each terroir (Chassagne-Montrachet and Santenay). Major works have enabled the Domaine to acquire high-performance vinification tools: systematic soil cultivation, with its technical director, Bruno Denizot, new technics of size and harvest in green to control yields, installation of a new winery fully thermo-regulated to refine the vinification, start fermentations in the tank to preserve maximum freshness and finesse, choice of barrels, adjustment of the proportions of new wood according to the cuvées and the characteristics of each terroir, work on the reduction … He knows how to produce extraordinary wines.