Château De Pressac
Grand Cru Classé of Saint-Emilion, the Château de Pressac enjoys a beautiful view of its vineyards. Owners since 1997, Dominique and Jean-François Quenin give back to the property all its history and to their wines all the elegance and the strength of the soil. Following their arrival, 80% of new vines were planted on three types of soil: clay, clay-limestone and sandy.
The property covers 42 ha in one piece, including 36 hectares for the vineyard, and overhangs 80m the level of the Dordogne. Which assets for this vineyard? Its very spectacular terraces located on a south facing mound. They enable to plant a vineyard in the form of a terrace, limiting the erosion and the harmful effects of the gully. It enables also to save a huge space for the vine rows development.
The castle was built in the Middle Ages as evidenced by its medieval door and its architecture. At the beginning of the Renaissance, the Château de Pressac had no less than 27 towers. Following the French victory at the Battle of Castillon-la-Bataille, the surrender took place at Château de Pressac, thus ending the Hundred Years War on July 20, 1453.
Château de Pressac asserts itself in a powerful, elegant and silky style. In a purple color, the wines develop aromas of black and red fruits (blackcurrant, cherry, blackberries, blueberries) with hints of spice and undergrowth.