The history of Château Gloria is strongly linked to Mr. Henri Martin. From a generation of wine growers and Maîtres de Chai(Cellar masters), he was mayor of Saint-Julien and then Chairman of the Bordeaux Wine Council. Over the years, he bought several parcels classified in 1855 on the Saint-Julien appellation, eventually making up an estate of 50 hectares. Château Gloria was thus established in 1942.
Upon the death of Henri Martin in 1991, his daughter Françoise and son-in-law Jean-Louis Triaud, took over management of the property. For 26 years, they have developed this clay-gravel terroir, spread over three areas: in the centre of Beychevelle, in the north-west of Saint-Julien and finally up to Pauillac.