The history of the Château Haut Bailly began as early as 1461 under the initiative of wealthy Basque merchants. In the 17th century, the story of the vineyard took a commercial dimension and earned an international reputation. After having been the property of Laurent de Lafaurie, former Mayor of Bordeaux, Alcide Bellot des Minières purchased the estate in order to build the current Château. This engineer, nicknamed the “King of the Winegrowers” served the vineyard with enthusiasm as well as attention to detail to bring the Château up to the level of Premiers Crus. In 1953, Château Haut Bailly was registered as part of the heritage of Crus Classés de Graves. This qualitative approach was ensured by Daniel Sanders, a wine merchant, and then by Robert G. Wilmers, owner since 1998. Respect for the environment through the implementation of integrated pest control affords the wines a certain suppleness and real complexity on tasting.