Château Langoa Barton
Château Langoa Barton was bought by Hugh Barton in 1821.
This was some 30 years before the classification of 1855 and Hugh was not to know that Langoa would be classified as a Third Grand Cru.
It was perhaps the architecture and the beautiful façade that attracted him. Since then the property has remained in the family and today the shares are divided between Anthony Barton, his daughter Lilian Barton Sartorius and her two children Mélanie and Damien, thus reaching out to the 8th generation.
The vineyards are situated at the southern end of the appellation Saint Julien and the style of the wine is best described as typical Saint Julien. This means a wine of great elegance and finesse with subtle flavours rather than over-extracted wines that are not typical of the wines of this appellation.
The Château itself is in excellent condition and the improvement of the economic situation has enabled the necessary restauration to be completed.
© photos : www.ugcb.net