Château Langoa Barton
The Château Langoa Barton is located to the east of the Saint-Julien appellation, opposite the Gironde. It was built by the architect Monsieur de Pontet in 1758. The estate is known for its magnificent façade, as well as for the ageing cellars in form of vaulted crypt. In 1821, Pierre-Bernard de Pontet transferred the “Langoa” property to Hugh Barton, who renamed it “Langoa Barton”. Seduced by the architecture, little did he know that the property would be classed Troisième Grand Cru in 1855. Today, the Château still belongs to the Barton family and is handed down from generation to generation.
The vines enjoy a high-quality terroir, composed of gravel on a clay subsoil. Cabernet-Sauvignon largely dominates the grape varieties of the Château Langoa Barton, completed by Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The combination of exceptional terroir, suitable methods and the passion of an entire team makes Langoa Barton a benchmark of the Saint-Julien appellation. Just like the appellation, it enjoys great elegance and finesse with perfectly subtle aromas.
© photos : Furax