Château Léoville Poyferré
Château Léoville Poyferré came into existence in 1840 as the result of a division of a larger estate, and was included among the Second Crus in the famous 1855 classification. The Poyferré family kept the château until 1865, but had to sell due to the oidium crisis. Related to the Lawtons, the new owners were the Erlanger and Lalande families.
In 1920, the Cuvelier family, important merchants in northern France since the 19th century, acquired the estate.
In 1979, Didier Cuvelier took over management and transformed the Château into one of the leading Grands Crus.
Didier Cuvelier has made major investments both in terms of equipment and human resources, ever since. The many improvements have always been in synergy with Léoville Poyferré’s outstanding terroir and all efforts are focused on faithfully reflecting this in the wine. Constant care and attention have resulted in a very finet wine that is distributed around the world.
Léoville Poyferré shows a perfect balance, great finesse, elegance and remarkable ageing potential.
© photos : www.ugcb.net