Château Pédesclaux was created in 1810 by Pierre Urbain Pédesclaux, a famous Bordeaux wine broker. He enlarged the domain by purchasing several parcels from Grand Puy. In 1855 the Château Pédesclaux was ranked fifth grand cru (Napoléon III ranking). After his death, his wife managed the Château until 1891. On the same year, the Viscount of Gastebois bought the property and restructured it. In 1904, when the Viscount passed away, the management of the Château was taken over by his son in law Count Bernard de Vesins who bequeathed the Château in 1919 to his grandchildren: Count Xavier Erceville and Count Michel du Lac. In 1930, Lucien Jugla leases the vineyards. Facing economic difficulties after the war, the owners suspend the property exploitation in 1947. Then in 1950, Lucien Jugla decides to buy Châteaux Pédesclaux. The vineyard covers at this time 7 hectares, 30% of which is destroyed. Lucien bequeathed the property in 1965 to his five children: Bernard, Maryse, Marie-France, Jean-Michel and Pierre. The eldest child: Bernard Jugla ensures the management of the Château until 1996. Since 1996, the last two children: Jean-Michel and Pierre Jugla manage the property, they are assisted by Brigitte Jugla, wife of Pierre Jugla and by Denis Jugla.
Since September 30, 2009, Ovalto-Investment is the new owner of the domain.