Domaine de Montille
Located in Volnay, the Domaine de Montille dates from before the French Revolution and takes the name of Montille in 1863 with the marriage of Marie Eléonore Chauvelot de Chevannes and Etienne Joseph Marue Léonce de Montille. The phylloxera crisis will unfortunately pass by and the estate goes from 12 to 3 hectares until Hubert de Montille took it back in hand and made it a real nugget of Burgundy from 1947. He decided then to disrupt the traditional circuit of the sales of its wines by not selling its grapes to the négociant but realizing and selling its own wines. Today, his children Etienne and Alix lead the property with an iron fist.