In order to increase our selection and offer new Grands Crus to our Customers, Thomas Hébrard, U’Wine’s CEO, and Quentin Chaperon, Head of Operations, went in Burgundy and the Rhône Valley.
This two wine regions have beautiful terroirs, small estates having worldwide reputation and a wine approach matching with U’Wine’s vision. The objective of this trip was to present U’Wine’s model to the main winemakers. This two regions aim to complete U’Wine’s selection of 1% of the best Crus Classés, while keeping a large majority of Grands Crus in our Customers Cellars.
The rarity and the exclusivity of wines from Burgundy and the Rhône Valley constituted a real challenge for U’Wine. The team was however well received. This innovative model, close from end customers, succed in seducing the owners and raised their curiosity.
Here are the estates that become U’Wine’s partner :
- Domaine Faiveley, which includes several Crus. The family defines her philosophy in these terms : “Wine runs deep in the Faiveley family’s blood. Its values have remained unchanged over the last seven generations and are based on a deep attachment to the Bourgogne region, an instinctive passion for the terroirs and an innate respect for man and his work.”
- Château de La Tour, the most important domain of Clos de Vougeot is the only exploitation in the heart of the famous Clos. Two vats are produced by the estate : a classic vat (20 000 bottles) and a masterful vat of old vines in small quantities (3 000 bottles).
- Domaines Albert Bichot, for who “each vintage is a challenge, each wine is a unique story, a terroir to reveal, a nugget.” This vision is in perfect coherence with U’Wine’s spirit.
- Domaine Olivier Leflaive, which products several Grands Crus among the most beautiful appellations (Montracher, Corton-Charlemagne et Chablis).
- Vieux Télégraphe, held by the same family for six generations and located on the Crau’s plateau in Châteauneuf-du-Pape. This unique terroir enables to produce exceptional white and red wines.
- Domaine Pierre Jean Villa, a real nugget that wins year by year these stripes of Grand Vin. According to Pierre Jean Villa “the wine must express this fair and delicate balance between the typically of the terroir and the ethic of the winemaker.”
- Domaine Vernay, gathering the vineyards produced by Chritine Vernay, emblematic figure of Côte-Rôtie.
- Domaine Jasmin, which counts 6 hectars classified in appellation Côte-Rôtie. This family property produces a wine of guard full of finesse and elegance.
- Domaine Rostaing, one of the most important areas of Côte Rôtie. It produces wines always well built, lacking neither structure nor finesse.
Reaching these new wines is a real opportunity for U’Wine as well as for its Customers, who can discover and taste them. Other areas will further complement our cellars, continuing to write a new page in U’Wine’s story.