The Château Canon has been a Premier Grand Cru Classé “B” since 1954 and has belonged to the Maison Chanel since 1996. It is located at the summit of the limestone plateau of the famous village of Saint-Émilion and enjoys an exceptional terroir. Its name comes from great officer of the navy and King’s privateer, Jacques Kanon, who bought the estate in 1760.
Under the direction of John Kolasa, major renovations have been carried out: the vineyard has been restructured, the fermenting room remodelled and the cellars rebuilt. Considerable investment has enabled them to produce the wine in the best possible conditions. Nicknamed “wine of patience”, Château Canon reveals the finesse and uniqueness of its prestigious terroir.