The history of the Château Dassault dates back to the year 1862, when Victor Beylot created the Château, formerly named Couperie. In 1955, the engineer Marcel Dassault bought the property and gave it its current name. He put in place the best equipment and saw production improve over the vintages, until obtaining the title of Grand Cru Classé in 1969. Three generations have followed, all of which have allowed the Château Dassault to remain an emblematic name of Saint-Émilion.
Today, the grandson of Marcel Dassault, Laurent, follows the estate closely at the side of Laurence Brun-Vergriette, who is behind the in-depth technical work both on the vine and in the cellar. Also owner of Château Faurie de Souchard and Château La Fleur, Dassault vineyards continue their quest for excellence, valuing entrepreneurship, passion for the vine and a demand for results.